prawn ghee pepper roast



Taking food pics during winters must be the hardest. By the time you get to the plating, the food gets cold, and I mean really cold. It tends to lose its charm too while photographing. I would be lying if I said it otherwise. But since we love food photography, we can ignore this part once in a while!? Having said that, here’s a big shoutout to all those out there who take the time to post on the gram and make it look effortless. There’s a lot of hard-work involved and you do it day after day relentlessly with a smile on your face. We, my hubby and I had this prawn ghee pepper roast or something similar at a restaurant in Pune. It was a small place which had no printed menu as such. Every dish served seemed very peppery. For the longest time I’d only had prawns koliwada in the restaurants I’d been to, or the usual prawn masala. I hesitated to experiment or try something new at the restaurants, until I’d met Parth. Parth can eat  anything and everything under the sun. He’s not someone with reservations nor is he picky. I’m the nakhrewali here! I take time to adapt! It’s thanks to him I’ve been to places unknown, places without menu cards. So this recipe is my attempt at re-creating a dish we enjoyed very very much during our courtship days. It feels like I may have forgotten how it tasted, but at the same time, I think, I still remember how it tasted. Does that makes sense? Well either way, this one turns out just fabulous! 


Comments

Popular Posts