🎥 Khatta Meetha (1978)

🎥 Khatta Meetha (1978) - an absolutely beautiful film by Basu Chatterjee🍿

I remember watching this movie as a kid. As kids we grow up watching movies only for entertainment. It’s only years later do we understand the message of a movie, I believe. If you do at all😁
I’m so glad I packed up all my VCDs when we moved to the USA 🇺🇸
I’m a movie buff, but that’s a different story. What I enjoy most is the sentimental value that these collections of mine bring in every single time I open my treasure chest! Each and every single piece I have in this chest tells a story, from family albums to scrapbooks to diaries to hallmark cards to cassettes to VCDs, the list is endless 😄
I remember an incident that took place at the Mumbai airport long back. I was at the airport, and this young girl, who looked newly wed, was trying to get her luggage together. She was with her mother-in-law and a few others from the family, I’m guessing. A kind uncle (family friend, maybe) was trying to help the young girl with the luggage when the MIL signaled him not to! He still went ahead to help her only to ask was the luggage seemed so heavy? Before the young girl could respond, the woman, maybe in her 50s, most likely the MIL muttered “dagad dhonde” (rocks/stones)
The young girl was quiet and did not respond. One could only tell how happy she was to leave the bitterness behind and move on✈️
I could relate, since my luggage was back breaking as well, but who’s complaining😄 who knew one could be able to document, share, and express, all fond memories through a medium called Instagram!
Here’s to fond memories- and to those who carry their “dagad dhonde” with pride ❤️

Needless to say what a wonderful title song this is 🎶 yeh jeena hai angoor ka dana 🍇 jitna khaaya meetha tha, jo haath na aaya khatta hai!

Comments

Popular Posts