1 cup washed,grated cabbage
1 tbsp chickpea (besan) flour
1-2 tbsp thalipeeth bhajani
1 tbsp cumin-coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric and red chili powder
2-3 tbsp ginger-garlic and green chili paste
5-6 sprigs of cilantro, finely chopped
Oil for shallow frying
Salt to taste
1. Add salt to the grated cabbage and mix well. Keep aside for 10-15 min.
2. Squeeze out water from the grated cabbage and add the remaining ingredients except oil to it.
2. Mix well and make a dough. Do not add water. If the dough is very loose, add very little bhajani flour.
3. Divide dough into two parts, make oval rolls and place them on a pre-greased plate.
4. Now, take a pressure pan and cook the oval cabbage rolls in the pressure pan without the whistle for about 10-15 minutes.
5. After about 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let the dough cool inside the pressure pan.
6. Once the rolls have cooled down, remove them and cut them into small oval shaped cutlets.
7. Next, shallow fry the vadis/cutlets son a frying pan until golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove these vadis/cutlets in a serving plate and temper it with, curry leaves, mustard seeds, sesame seeds and finely chopped cilantro.