Paniyaram (Appe)

 

Love this traditional Paniyarakkal! Whenever hubby dearest is traveling 🧳 he makes sure he gets gems like these with him, on his way back home ✈️ 🏡. Needless to say, I do hand him a tall list (read-order)😉 #JoBiwiSeKarePyaar woh shopping for her se kaise kare inkaar 🤨

Like many out there, I too enjoy collecting these traditional kitchen items from all over the world. This is a traditional Paniyarakkal made with natural soapstone by the rural artisans in India 🇮🇳 This one does need seasoning. It’s a 10 days long process, and you can tell I haven’t gotten to it yet! I simply love making paniyarams in these, especially when outdoors, when the weather is perfect 🌞 love how my camera captures a mix of rustic, yet luxuriously hearty and decadent dishes and that for me is #nainsukh 😍 Weather this past weekend was gorgeous and called out badly for this southern classic. This one definitely files under, “A deliciously memorable weekend affair “❤️


Having said that, we gobbled these yummy paniyarams while watching a timeless classic ♦️SHALIMAR♦️Retro Bollywood movies hit you quite differently, hai na? I can totally imagine women going weak in their knees watching #dharmendra on big screen. What a sinfully good looking man- no wonder he triggered the concept of female gaze in films! My hubby kept on rolling his eyes every time I passed a comment seeing #dharmendra on screen😍 I kept commenting left, right, and centre throughout the movie 🎥 We watch a lot of stuff together. Not every movie/ series etc makes it to the gram, but movies and moments like these- love documenting ‘em ❤️. Also, winter does tend to slow me down. Needless to say, love and enjoy this period of hibernation only to spring back later. Gorgeous weather is just around the corner - we’re soooo freakin’ excited 🌺 hope you’re too!
In the frame we have #paniyaram #made in #traditional #paniyarakkal #southindian #classicrecipe love for #bollywood70s #retrobollywood #dharmendramovies #zeenatamanmovies #weekendshenanigans

Comments

Popular Posts