When Kulfi Met Popsicle

The freezer- pretty simple, you get out what you put in, only way too chilled and delicious.๐ŸงŠ When I first started experimenting with desserts (especially chocolate cakes), around age nine, a batch of sometimes gooey, sometimes hard as a rock, yet deliciously tasty were the standard entry level fun bakes.๐Ÿง‘‍๐Ÿณ I got into baking thanks to a friend’s elder sister (oldest of the three sisters) who baked the yummiest of chocolate cakes. ๐Ÿ™Œ I often saw her standing at the front door of their house with a mixing bowl in hand, whisking the cake batter, while we kids played all afternoon during summer vacations๐ŸŒž 

When I tasted her chocolate cake for the first time, it blew my mind. I was in awe, it was unbelievable, to bake a cake at home, what fun, I thought! I wanted to try my hand at baking! Though enjoyable, boy, did it require your full attention, like one had to be focused, which clearly I wasn’t! The rewards were awesome but the hard work it required, I wasn’t ready for it. So, there went my baking plans out of the window! 

Later as I was introduced to custards, puddings, popsicles, and kulfi- life was easy! A little whisk here and a little beating of the eggs there and voila the transformation was spectacular! ๐Ÿคฉ

Here’s to super quick desserts from my refrigerator- a spoonful of love for everyone ๐Ÿ’—

Comments

Popular Posts