Sukka Mutton-Tambda Rassa
2 lb Mutton
2 Medium sized onions, chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 - 1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2-3 tsp Kolhapuri Mutton Masala (easily available in stores)
Grind to Paste:-
1 small bunch of coriander leaves
1/2 cup dry and roasted coconut
1/2 cup fresh coconut
1 inch ginger piece
4-5 cloves, slightly roasted
3-5 dry red chilies(or more)
1 tbsp poppy seeds, roasted
9-10 peppercorns, slightly roasted
1. Clean and cut the mutton pieces.
2. Marinate the Mutton pieces with Kolhapuri Mutton Masala, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt for about half and hour.
3. Heat oil. Add chopped onions and fry well until light brown.
4. Add marinated mutton and fry again.
5. Add some water and cover the pan with the lid with water in it.
6.Let the mutton cook on low-medium flame for about 15 minutes.
7. Ensure you don't burn the mutton pieces. Add more water if the gravy dries up.
8. Now remove the lid and add the ground paste/masala and stir, add some more water.
9. And Pressure cook the mutton for another 15-20 minutes or until tender.
10. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and Serve this Exotic Kolhapuri Tambda Rassa with Fresh Chappatis!