400 gms Coconut dry, finely shredded
14oz can (400 g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp- 1 tsp Powdered Cardamom
1/2 tsp- 1 tsp Butter or Ghee
1/2 tsp Saffron strands soaked in 2 tbsp of milk (optional)
1. In a non-stick pan, on Medium heat, roast Coconut until you get a nice aroma. Do not brown.
2. Add in Sweetened Condensed Milk, Cardamom and the saffron milk.
3. Mix well and continue to cook and stir until the ingredients clump together (approximately 2 to 3 minutes) and the bubbles ooze out, the mixture would be thick enough and comes off easily from the sides of the pan.
4. Turn off the heat
5. Lightly smear bottom of a flat baking sheet with Butter or Ghee.
6. Pour coconut mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly.
7. Refrigerate for about an hour.
8. Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares or diamond shapes.
9. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.