2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp minced white onion
1 Tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Chablis wine (you can substitute it with lemon juice/clam juice in seafood recipes)
6 Fresh medium shrimp, butterfly cut with tails on
1 Tsp lemon juice(optional)
1/2 Tsp minced parsley
A pinch of salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 Tbsp sliced canned olives
5 slices Italian bread, toasted
1/2 Diced roma tomato
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the loaf of bread on an angle, half an inch thick.
2. Arrange 5 slices on serving plates so they face in like flower petals.
3. (You can toast the slices if you like) Heat the butter in a large skillet until it's bubbling lightly.
4. Add minced garlic and the chopped onions and cook for a minute. Add the white wine, to the pan and continue to saute for another 30 seconds.
5. Now, immediately add shrimp, parsley, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes, tossing occasionally.
6. After a minute or two, when the shrimp is done, add the cream and olives.
7. Cook for 15 seconds or so, then use tongs to place one shrimp on the end of each bread slice(the ends that are in the centre of the plate), and place one shrimp in the centre of the plate(not on the bread).
8. Pour the sauce from the pan over the shrimp and serve the dish with a diced roma tomato sprinkled over the top and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if that's your thing.
Makes An Appetizer For Two