Recipe Courtesy:- Chef Nita Mehta
Adapted from the Cookbook:- Paneer All The Way
400 Gms Paneer(cottage cheese)
1 1/2 Cups besan(gram flour)
2 Pinches of mitha soda or baking powder(optional)
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp red chilli powder
1/2 Tsp of turmeric powder(0ptional)
1-1/4 Tsp mango powder(amchur powder)
1/4 Tsp ajwain(carom seeds)
1 Cup water(approx)
1/2 Cup oil for frying
1. Sprinkle mango powder and red chilli powder on these pieces.
2. Mix the gram flour, red chilli powder, amchur powder, turmeric powder, crushed carom seeds, soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Add some water to the mixture to make it thick batter.
4. Dip each piece of the paneer in this batter.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
6. Now put the pieces of paneer in the heated oil.
7. Fry them till they become golden brown.
8. Paneer Pakoras are ready.
9. Serve the Paneer Pakoras with green/mint chutney.