1-2 Canned Baby Potatoes
1 tsp Jeera Pwd
1 tsp Dhania Pwd
2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Crushed Saunf(Fennel Seeds)
3 tbsp of Yoghurt
1-2 tbspTomato Paste
1/2 - 1 Medium sized Onion, 4-6 Green Chillies and Ginger Garlic(ground to paste)
Whole Garam Masala (1/2 inch Cinnamon, 4-5 Black pepper, 2 bay leaves, 1-2 cardamom pods crushed, masala ilaichi)
1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi (optional)
salt to taste
1. Drizzle some oil over the baby potatoes and bake them on 350 for 15-20 min or until slight golden brown in the oven.
2. In a kadhai, add some oil and saute the whole garam masala(1/2 inch Cinnamon Stick, Masala Elaichi, Cardamom pods crushed, Black Pepper and Bay leaves).
3. Add the onion, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste and saute.
4. Add tomato paste and saute.
5. Add the powdered garam masala and saute (3-4 min on low flame).
6. Add the baby potatoes(baked/broil if necessary), saute for another 3 mins.
7. Now add the yoghurt. Beat the yogurt smooth before adding it to the gravy.
8. Add water(depending on what consistency you are looking at, dont add too much..maybe 1/4 cup).
9. Add the kasoori methi and fennel seeds after the fisrt boil.
10. Cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and Serve hot with Roti/Rice