Adopting a healthier lifestyle??
Done finger tapping??
Now wake up closer to sunrise and try out these oven baked Mathris!!
1 Cup all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp of butter
1/2 Tsp turmeric powder(optional)
1/2 Tsp roasted Chana daal (optional)
1/2 Tsp coarsely crushed black pepper
1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 Tsp Carraway seeds
1 Dry Red Chilli(optional)
1/4th Tsp Baking Powder
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons ice water (sprinkle as required)
1 Teaspoon salt or to taste
*** Preheat the oven to 360 def F!
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, roasted chana daal, cumin seeds, crushed red chilli, carraway seeds.
2. Work the butter into the flour with your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. Add the yogurt and sprinkle ice water onto the crumbly dough and with your hands push the dough from the sides to the middle of the bowl to form a ball that holds together and becomes a firm dough, yet pliable dough.
4. Cover with the damp cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into small balls and roll out all the balls.
6. Arrange the mathri's on a non-stick baking sheet and prick them evenly with a fork, to prevent them from puffing while in the oven.
7. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
8. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
9. You can now savor these Mathris in the evening with a Cuppa chai.
10. You can also top these yummy Mathris with sweet n' spicy Chundo or Mango Pickle.