"Savor the Flavours From Italy- Enjoy your evening sans stress with these Freshwater Politicians!!
Homemade, Salt n' Peppered Calamari make a wonderful entry to any Seafood Party!"
1/4 Pound calamari rings
1 Tsp cracked black pepper
1 Tsp sea salt/kosher salt
2 Egg whites
1/2 Tsp lemon pepper seasoning(optional)
1/4 Cup cornstarch
1/3 Cup all purpose flour
Oil for deep frying
For Spicy Garnishing- 2-3 Red Chillies (deep fried) and julienne the onions and green bell pepper/slit green chillies- lightly sauté them, keep them aside
1. Heat oil in a large pan or pot over medium high heat.
2. Whisk the egg whites gently salt, crushed black pepper and all-purpose flour untill smooth.
3. Dip calamari rings into the above mixture and then place in constarch and toss gently to coat the calamari.
4. Dust away excess constarch/cornflour if any.
5. Now, deep fry these calamri rings 2-3 at a time. Be careful not to over crowd the pan or the calamari will stick together.
6. Fry the calamari rings for not mkore that 2-3 minues. Do not overcook or they might turn a little tough.
7. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
8. Sprinkle with a little more kosher salt and crushed black pepper if desired.
9. Garnish them and
10. Serve These Salt n' Peppered Calamari with Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce.