Pomfret Recheiado! Recipe adapted from Sanjeev Kapoors Cookbook 'Khaana Khazana"
2 (500 gms, each) Promfret
1 Tsp lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp turmeric powder
2-3 Tbsp Oil to shallow fry
For Garnishing- Lemon rings and onion rings
8 Whole red chillies
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
5-6 Black peppercorns
1 Inch piece Ginger
8 Garlic cloves
1/2 Inch Cinnamon stick
2 Tbsp vinegar
Salt To Taste
1. Wash, clean and pat dry the fish.
2. Make diagonal slits on either sides of the fish using a sharp knife.
3. Rub salt, lemon juice, turmeric powder inside and outside of the fish.
4. Refrigerate this marinated Pomfret for about half an hour.
5. Combine all the ingredients of the masala and grind to a smooth paste, using very little water.
6. Apply this paste on both the sides of the fish and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry this fish till golden on both sides.
8. Serve hot with lemon wedges, onion rings and chutney of your choice.