1/3 cup sunflower oil
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup superfine sugar
2/3 cup shredded coconut(optional)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 gms cranberries (optional)
50 gms walnuts (optional)
shredded coconut, toasted, to decorate (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F/ 180 deg C.
2. Grease and line an 8 x 4 x 2-inch/20 x 10 x 5-cm loaf pan.
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Beat together the eggs, oil, bananas, cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
5. Stir into the dry ingredients, mixing until evenly combined.
6. Fold in the flour mixture, cranberries and walnuts and mix till just moistened.
7. Spoon into the prepared pan, leveling with a palette knife.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until risen, firm and golden brown.
9. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Decorate with shreds of coconut and serve!