"What To Cook On A Lazy n' Cozy Sunday- Rajma Chawal is one of the Comfort Classic Foods we enjoy on a Sunday Night!!
Something else that soothes our souls on a Sunday Night is Graeter's Special Sundae!"
2 Cups red kidney beans/ Rajma
1 stick of butter
2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
3 Finely chopped roma tomatoes
2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3-4 Finely chopped green chillies
1 Tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp garam masala powder
2 Tbsp Coriander powder
1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 Tsp dry fenugreek leaves (dry kasoori methi leaves)
1/2 Tsp amchur powder(optional)
2 Cups cooked Rajma water
Salt to taste
1. Soak red kidney beans in water overnight and pressure cook it for 2 whistles. Do not overcook it as the beans would break.
2. Heat oil in a pan and spluttter cumin seeds. Add finely chopped onions and fry till it becomes transparent. Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute well.
3. Saute finely chopped tomatoes into it. Add garam masala powder and saute. Add 1/2 cup of rajma water to this to avoid drying of the masala mixture. Add coriander powder ,kashmiri red chilli powder and amchur powder to this and saute well.
4. Close the pan with a lid for a couple of minutes.
5. Now, add the cooked red kidney beans along with some salt to taste and about 3 cups of rajma water.
6. Allow it to boil and 1/4th of the water has to reduce.
7. Now add 1tsp of crushed kasoori methi leaves to it and mix well.
8. Top this gravy with butter and serve hot with Rice/Roti
Graeter’s Special Sundae