!! Sinfully Wicked !!
"These small potato chunks are mixed in a creamy cheese sauce
cooked until in oil until deliciously brown"
Calories: 614 Sugars: 2g
Protein: 12g Fat: 46g
Carbs: 40g Saturates: 18g
Prep:- 20 minutes
Cooking:- 25 minutes
2 lb/900 g potatoes, cut into bug chunks
2/3 Cup heavy cream
3/4 Cup grated Swiss cheese(or any other of your choice)
A pinch of cayenne pepper or your choice of seasoning
1/2 Tsp of Parsley(dried)
2 Egg whites
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
salt and pepper
Chopped fresh cilantro and grated cheese
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and pat dry with absorbent paper towels. Set aside until required.
2. In a large bowl, mix, heavy cream and Swiss cheese along with salt and pepper and dried parsley and roasted garlic and herb seasoning.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
4. Add the cooked potatoes, turning to coat thoroughly in the mixture.
5. In a deep pan, heat the oil to 350 deg F/ 180 deg C, or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds. Remove the potatoes from cheese mixture with a slotted spoon and cook in the oil, in batches if necessary, for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. You can also Bake this Goodness in the oven @ 400 deg F for 20 minutes and later broil it for another 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the potatoes to a warmed serving dish and garnish with parsley and grated cheese.
7. Serve Immediately!