Baby Potatoes with Dry Onion MasalaServes 4
Preparation time:- 30 minutes
600 gm (1 lb 6oz) baby potatoes, canned.
2-3 Green chillies, chopped
2 Tsp red chili powder
1 1/2 Tsp coriander powder
1/2 Tsp cumin powder
1 Tsp turmeric powder
1/4 Tsp mustard seeds
1/2 Tsp chana daal(Bengal gram)
1 Tsp urad daal(black lentils)
500 Gms (1 lb 2 oz) onion
125 ml (4 fl oz) oil
1 Sprig curry leaves
1 Tsp ginger-garlic paste
250 Gms (10 oz) tomatoes, chopped
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
NOTE:- If you are using canned potatoes, please follow the directions for baking the baby potatoes in the oven!
1. Boil potatoes(if using raw), deep-fry and keep aside.
2. Heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, bengal gram and black lentils.
3. Add curry leaves, green chillies and onions and fry till onions brown.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and all spice powders and saute.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, fried potatoes and salt.
6. Cook for a few minutes till the gravy thickens.
7. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.