Shor in the City ? BCUZ therz (Rogan) JOSH in the KITTY !!
1 kg/2.2 lb of Clean and cut lamb
1 Cup of whisked yoghurt
1 -2'' Stick of cinnamon
3 Black cardamom pods
2-3 Bay leaves
2 tsp of Red chilli powder
2 tsp of Ginger powder
4 tsp of Aniseed powder
1 tsp of Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp of Saffron(optional)
3/4 Cup of Ghee
A pinch of Asafoetida
2 Cups of water
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the lamb pieces in yoghurt, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamom and bay leaves for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan, add the lamb pieces and cover it till it stops spattering.
3. Add salt and asafoetida and stir.Cook on medium heat till the yoghurt dries.
4. Lower heat, and stir briskly to prevent from sticking.
5. Sprinkle a little water and stir till the meat browns.
6. Repeat this twice, cook till the oil separates.
7. Add the red chilli powder mixed with a little water.
8.Cook on high heat, stirring briskly. Add water, ginger powder and aniseed powder.
9. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
10. Soak saffron in 4 tsp of warm water, grind and add to the lamb.
11. Cook until the lamb is tender and oil begins to separate.
12. Sprinkle Garam Masala and Serve Hot with Egg Parantha!