2/3 cup(4oz/125gms) fine semolina
1/3 cup(2oz/60gms) rice flour
1/4 cup(1 1/2oz/45gms) all-purpose flour
1 cup(8 fl oz/250ml) water
1 cup(8 fl oz/250ml) beaten yogurt
1 small sized red onion finely chopped
5-6 finely chopped hot green chiliies
2 tbsp finely chooped cilantro
1 tsp cumin seeds crushed(optional)
1-2 tsp black peppercorns
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus a lil extra for frying
salt to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the semolina, rice flour, all purpose flour, chopped green chillies, cilantro, black peppercorns, crushed black pepper and cumin.
2. In a separate bowl mix water with yogurt until smooth.
3. Now mix all the above ingredients.
4.Whisk until well blended and smooth.The batter should be watery and flowing.
5. Make sure the batter is very thin(thinner than the dosa batter).
*If the batter becomes thick after making few dosas add little water to it.
6. Now cover the batter and set it aside for an hour or so.
7. Next, heat the tawa (the tawa should be very hot while u are drizzling/pouring the batter with your hands.
8.Spread the thin batter on the tawa starting from the sides and finishing off in the middle as rava dosa cannot be spreaded like ordinary dosa.
9.Drizzle very little oil around the corners.
10.Cook until the underside of the dosa is browned.