250 gms of Paneer cut into cubes.
3 tbsp ghee/vegetable oil
7-8 medium sized tomatoes pureed
1/2 " piece chopped ginger
2 moti elaichi (brown cardamom) skinned and crushed
1 tsp kasoori methi crushed/powdered (optional)
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1-2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp chilli pwd
1 tsp or slightly more sugar
1/4 tsp garam masala pwd
5 tbsp heavy cream or well beaten curd
Salt to taste
1. Heat ghee or vegetable oil in a wok (kadhai).
2. Add ginger and saute for 30 secs.
3. Add bay leaves and moti elaichi and saute for 10 secs.
4. Add tomato puree and saute for a while till the gravy thickens a little.
5. Lower the flame and keep the wok covered.
6. Add garam masala powder and salt.
7. Add 4-5 tbsp of heavy cream.
8. Sprinkle cardamom powder and powdered kasoori methi and mix it thoroughly. Now remove the wok from fire.
9. Add paneer cubes about 1 hour before serving.
Serve hot with Roti/Naan/Rice