2 Big Red Onions
1 Tsp Chilli powder
1/2 Tsp Haldi (Turmeric Pwd)
5-6 Green chillies (finely chopped)
1-1/2 Cups of Besan (Gram Flour)
1-2 Tsp of Tandalachi Pithee (Rice Flour) *helps in making the Bhaji crunchy*
1 Tsp of Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
1 Tsp finely chopped fresh corainder leaves (fresh Cilantro)
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Serves 4-5 people
1. Thinly slice red onions.
2. Add finely chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric pwd, red chilli pwd,besan (gram flour), tandalachi pithee (rice flour) and coriander leaves.
3. Add salt to taste and mix well to make batter.
4. 1-2 tsp of water(if at all needed).
5. To make sure the oil is hot enough for frying, take a small portion of the mix at a time and drop it in hot oil. The color of Bhaji that we are looking for here is without a doubt "golden brown".
6. Deep fry the remaining batter in small sized Bhaji until golden brown and drain excess oil-using paper towel.
7. Tadaa !! Your "Kanda Bhaji" is now ready to be served.
* Do not forget to invite your Friends over for that Garama Garam Chaha (Hot Cup Of Cardamom Flavored Tea ) & Kanda Bhaji (Spicy Onion Fritters ) !It's so Worth It ! Trust me on this, the above combination is the most lethal combination for a rainy evening !