Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Orange Kiss-Me Cake !!



 Yes, I am back ! Firstly I apologize for staying away from  my blog..hmm my baby for a such a long time. Excuses Excuses Excuses...no I am not going to give you any :-)

So, the recent news is that we have moved into our 'Home Sweet Home' and have almost setlled in. Oh !! I simply cannot tell you all how much I am loving it! 

Moving into our new home ranks amongst one of the most exciting events in our life!

"The scenery has changed, the address is new...But our door’s always open to friends and family like you!"

Our Families, Friends and Well wishers have been really really happy for us. A few compliments/comments from them to share:-

Reena
- its a mansion girl! awesome !
Shibu - I have seen houses, but this one beats them all :)
Mrs Iyer - wow, now that's what I call a dream home, may all ur dreams come true here! i love ur home, its simply beautiful, shows lot of thought and effort from u two, congrats to u and parth! When am I getting an invitation to this dream home?
Nandu mama - Ek bangala bane nyara
rahe kumba jis mein saara
Sone ka bangala chandan ka jangalaa
vishvakarma ke dware
ati sundar pyara pyara
...ek bangala...


Thanking you all one more time!!! 
Last but not the least that I want to say is that Parth and I are truly blessed to have a family and friends (our extended family) like you around...Love you dear all!
To all our well wishers and friends here, you will never ever be forgotten!!

Now, that I am back let me tell you something more ...remember More the Merrier..More the Better :D 


So you see ...It is time for double celebration ! WHY ? for I keep falling in LOVE with the same guy over and over again! OHkay let me tell you another reason that calls for a double celebration! This year we also celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary on the 23rd of November 2010 in our new home ! 
From grand weddings to grandest celebration of anniversaries - Wow ! A journey full of ups and downs if I may say so...but the most cherished and the ones often remembered will be the ones we share in our bedroom :-)   

Memories-they are beautiful ! Our anniversary often reminds me of the year 2003! That year when Parth was here and I was in back home in Pune. I remember how badly Parth wanted me to be here with him in the USA on this very Day !
We wanted to celebrate this day together... this was our third anniversary and the first one to be celebrated in the United States Of America!
We wanted To Be Together !  SO yes, I took a flight on the 21st from India and landed here on the 22nd.  To our surprise it was a Thanksgiving weekend! Needless to say that the stores, restaurants, malls and everything were closed that day! 
But who cared ? who needed all of that ? We had everything we'd wished for !


When it comes to wishes, I remember reading this somewhere 'Wishes are like horses which lightly gallop away into a dreamy sunset and will is like an elephant slow and heavy which will make its weight felt'.  On that note my readers, make a wish and don't let it gallop away !

I am often caught making a wish :-) I made a wish long back that I would only bake for my babies...and you see how my wish has come true;-) I am here, trying my hand on some baking today :D !  And I must say you guys get a 10 on 10 for guessing that ! You are absolutely right there- My Blog and my Dear Hubby are my only two babies... ! I actually never thought I would be Baking this soon! But you know it right that you got to do it for the sake of  your babies! 

So, here I am baking for you my Babies... with infinite Love and Kisses :-) and thanking God and my Parents for blessing me and making my wishes and dreams come true !

Ingredients:-  
1 Orange 
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup chopped walnuts 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk 
1/2 cup butter(melted)
2 eggs

For The Topping :-
Reserved 1/3 orange juice
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Method:-
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
3. Squeeze orange and reserve 1/3 cup juice. Grind orange peel and pulp, raisins, and 1/3 cup walnuts together.
4. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, blend flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, salt, milk, butter and eggs. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Stir in orange-raisin mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Drizzle reserved orange juice over warm cake.
7. Combine 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup walnuts; sprinkle over cake in pan.
8. In small bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Stir in 1/4 cup walnuts and sprinkle over the cake.
9. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
10. And now it's time for some YUM YUM YUM !

2 comments:

Matin said...

nice post...and i remembered your anniversary but could not wish on time since i was traveling. But my wishes are always with you guys. May you celebrate many more such anniversaries.

"oops-in da kitchen wid Roops!" said...

Thank you and we know we always have your wishes by our side. Travelling as in nakki kuthe bhatkanti chalu aahe aapli maharaj :D ?