Preparation Time:- 15-20 mins
Cooking Time:- 15-20 mins
Serves 2-3 People
For Manchurian Balls -
11/2 Cups grated cabbage
2 Big Carrots-grated
2-3 Finely chopped green chillies
3 tbsp Cornflour
1 tbsp All purpose flour (Maida)
1/4 tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
1 cup oil for deep fryingsalt to taste
Manchurian Sauce -
1 1/2 Tsp of oil
1 tsp Ginger-garlic crushed
1 tsp of Finely chopped green chilli
1/2 Finely chopped onion
1 tbsp Soya sauce
1 1/2 tbsp of Tomato kecthup
2 tsp of Vinegar
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 1/2 tbsp Cornflour
Salt to taste
1. Add 1 tsp of salt to the grated cabbage. Keep aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze well to remove out all the water.
2. Mix all the other ingredients listed for making Manchurian balls. Add more flour if needed to bind all the ingredients together.
3. Make oval/round balls. Flatten each ball.
4. Roll it in the flour and deep/shallow fry 2-3 pieces at a time on medium flame.
5. Now remove and keep these balls aside on a paper/kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil if any.
6. To prepare Manchurian sauce, heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil. Add ginger and garlic and fry it on low flame for a minute.
7. Add green chillies and onions and cook for a minute.
8. Now reduce the heat and add soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper powder and cook for another couple of minutes.
9. Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Boil. Keep on slow fire for 2 minutes. Strain. Discard the food in the strainer and Keep the liquid aside.
10. Dissolve cornflour in 1/2 cup of warm water and keep it aside.
11. Now boil the strained liquid, add the diluted cornflour stirring continuously. Cook till slightly thick and dark. Once done keep this sauce aside.
To SERVE boil the sauce. Add these Manchurian Balls to the Manchurian Sauce and keep on slow fire for a minute.
Serve hot with Szechuan Fried Rice (Coming soon)