Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kadhai Paneer !!

“Take time to love the little things”

Enjoy the little things in life…
…For one day you’ll look
Back and realize they
Were the big things.
 
-Robert Brault

For us the year 2010 has been fantastic so far. With so many amazing events happening around Good news has been floating all this while.  I guess good news always come to those who’ve been waiting!. We’ve been lucky to have our bunch and our share of lovely news and outstanding events this year..We have been enjoying immensely all of these good packages coming our way ! “Knock on the wood.” 
Where do I start from ? hmm well – to begin with let me tell you that one of my dearest friend is getting married to that one guy she has been in love all these years, it’s been almost 12 years now that they've been together waiting for consent from their respective families. Finally... they did manage to convince everybody! Love conquered and everybody else surrendered she said to me :) WoW! I am oh so hAppie hAppie for my friend ..YaY !!  
Next – A cousin of mine bought A Brand New Stylish Mercedes-Benz coupe. She says, driving a car has never been so much fun ever. Well don’t we all know that? When you are driving a Mercedes–benz , the subject has to be nothing but FUN ! Again, I am oh so so hAppie hAppie for her too and yes here’s my YaY !!
 
There are many more such amazing events and news that I would want to share with all of you right here right now.  But I believe I would want to hold my horses for this very moment and let you all know one good news at a time. Well, I do need reasons to be on my blog …Don't I ? I am so happy that I want to share this lovely tiny little poem with you I came across this morning!

Yes, so as I am about to share this beautiful poem with you let me come out clear with a few things. I have been recently receiving quite a few messages inquiring about my previous post– asking me whether it was a Friend or a Neighbor? To all those who wrote to me, here is my answer. “I know my Friends and they can never be nasty... even when they are entitled to ...but Nope, I've never come across petty ones until now... ! but when it comes to a neighbor or a mere acquaintance?  I’d say “ maybe I just got  way too lucky ! I believe at times one does need more than just the eyes to notice !
So my dear friends, you make sure ..you take time to notice every tiny little thing that comes your way -


Take Time To Notice 
Take time...to notice the dewy web clinging cautiously to the morning grass.
Take time...to feel the fire's warm glow, and hear the crackling wood as it sparks randomly upwards.
Take time...to smell the sweet aroma of cookies wafting from the bustling kitchen.
Take time...to appreciate the laughter of children enjoying the first days of Spring.
Take time...to listen to the rushing stream as it glides swiftly under fallen limbs and over mossy pebbles.
Take time...to admire the diligence of the chattering squirrels seeking stores for their winter nests.
Take time...to wonder at the intricate crystal patterns frosting early morning windows.
Take time...to notice arid, shriveled leaves crunching with each step, along the tree-lined path.
Take time...to watch Autumn's crispness paint changes from branch to branch, decorating the landscape for a short time.
Take time...to feel the cool breeze blowing in the promise of a summer rain.
Take time...to hear the clicking crickets echoing in the blackness.
Take time...to count the stars as they emerge from the graying sky, one by one filling the dark.
Take time...to hear the lapping waves pound against the grainy surface, then recede in answer.
Take time...to enjoy the fragrant scents of blooming newness and life, sprouting an array of colors where brown slept many long months.
Take time...to follow a firefly as it winks across open-air chasing the evening silence.
Take time...to share a smile.
Take time...to give a hug.
Take time...to acknowledge a kindness.
Take time...to tell someone you care.
Take time...to say, I love you.
-Unknown
 And now, Take time to make this yummy recipe for 'Kadhai Paneer' 
 
Ingredients:-
2 cups deep fried paneer cubes (when using frozen paneer cubes, let it thaw at room temp)
1/4 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp grated garlic 
1 cup diced red tomatoes
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder 
1/2 tsp cumin powder 
1/2 tsp of kashmiri chilli powder 
a pinch of garam masala 
1 tbsp of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) 
1 tbsp of vegetable oil 
2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp of butter      
a pinch of cardamom powder

Method :-
1. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
2. Add onions, grated ginger-garlic and saute until the onions turn slightly translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder,cumin powder, kashmiri chilli powder and saute. Cook until a thick consistency.
4. Add heavy whipping cream and saute. Add a little water if you find the curry very thick.
5. Add green bell peppers, cover the pan and simmer it for about 5 minutes until the green peppers are half cooked.
6. Add butter and salt to taste.
7. Saute for a few more minutes and then add the fried paneer cubes.
8. Sprinkle kasuri methi, a pinch of cardamom (elaichi) powder, a pinch of garam masala and cover.
9. Let it cook for about a minute and then remove from the flame.

Serve hot with Roti/Parantha/Naan

2 comments:

Komal said...

Wow! another Paneer recipe, Thanks so much Roopali. Will have to try this one....Komal

"oops-in da kitchen wid Roops!" said...

I am sure Sohum would love this dish Komal. Please do give it a try and let me know.